March 26, 2020
Dear Clients and concerned community members,
During this challenging time, we are open and continuing all services on behalf of our business and individual clients. Right now it is critical to keep money/payments flowing and we are committed to fulfilling our role in that process.
Now let me take a few things off your mind:
1. The federal government haschanged the due date for filing federal taxes to July 15th. The government is pressuring states to do the same.
2. The the deadline for filing and paying Illinois state taxes is now July 15th, to match the federal timetable.
3. For business owners, we will be continuing to process payroll so you and your employees get paid. We will be processing invoices so businesses continue to receive payments for work they have performed.
4. Estimated tax payment deadlines for 2020 are included in this same relief and are extended until July 15th for 1st Quarter. However, Q2 is still due on June 15th. Check back with us to see if Q2 changes.
5. With the new stimulus packages for individuals and business, please contact us to learn more.
We’d like to encourage you to please get us your tax documents as soon as possible so we can figure out if you are getting a federal or state refund. If you are, we want to get you those funds as soon as possible. Currently our clients have been receiving their refunds within 7 to 10 days of e-filing.
We are not taking any in-person meetings until at least April 6th (date subject to change). But we are fully available via phone and email and offer the following ways to get us your tax materials. Kevin is in the Lombard office and Bharat is working from his home office.
We encourage everyone to utilize our new client portal. To access it, please send us an email (email@example.com). It is very simple to use. Documents can be scanned and uploaded or you can simply use your smartphone to take pictures of your documents and upload those.
For those who don’t want to use our portal and prefer dropping off documents, we are implementing a “contactless” dropoff. Please email us (firstname.lastname@example.org) ahead of time if you are planning to use this. We will be doing this between 10 a.m. and 3 p.m. Monday through Friday (if these times don’t work for you, please email Kevin).
Simply put your documents in a folder or envelope, write your name, email address and phone number on the document. When you arrive, pull up to the building, put your blinkers on, and call the office (630-932-9600). I will come out with a box and you will drop your documents in the box.
Please do NOT hesitate to contact us with questions or concerns. We are here for you and we will get through this.
Kevin Kummer, CPA
Bharat B. Shah, CPA